Parents are their children’s first teachers. At home, they can play a big part in setting high expectations and supporting children in meeting those expectations.
The following guides present the current education standards which were developed to ensure students are prepared for college and career success. They provide an overview of what children should be learning by the end of each grade level in English Language Arts (ELA), and focus on key skills that build a strong basis for success in other subjects.
Parents can use these guides to: (1) clarify any questions about education standards, (2) use as a tool to help children learn at home, and (3) use as a resource to help build relationships and have discussions with teachers about their children’s academic progress.
Click on the cover images below to view each guide.
Click the image of the guide you want to download. Click the download icon located in the bottom right hand corner of the page that opens. The guide will download as a PDF file.
Live in Louisiana?
For the customized Louisiana versions of the guides, click here.
Live in the Greater New Orleans area?
For physical copies, contact CDL to receive a printed copy of the parent resource guides.
Special Education Resources:
- Accessibility Features and Accommodations for Students with Disabilities in PARCC Assessments – A Parent’s Guide (PDF)
- Application to Students with Disabilities (PDF)
- FAQs on Universal Design for Learning
- Louisiana Department of Education: Students with Disabilities
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- PARCC Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual