CDA Cornerstones, A BESE-Approved Early Childhood Ancillary Certificate Program
Are Your Teachers Prepared?
As of July 2019, all lead teachers at Type III childcare centers must obtain CDA coursework from a BESE-approved program. Earning your Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential can both open up your career potential and ensure you have the tools and skills necessary to become an effective educator.
We Can Help!
Cornerstones is an Accelerated CDA Credential Program for Professional Educators
CDA Cornerstones is a BESE-approved accelerated CDA program that utilizes online course content, weekly webinars, and in-person onsite coaching, allowing early childhood professionals, no matter their location, to complete the course content required to obtain their CDA certification within one year. Teachers can complete the online courses at their own pace, enabling them to continue working full time.
As an educator, we know that your time is valuable. That’s why we’ve developed our CDA Cornerstones program, allowing you to accelerate the process and earn your CDA in 10 months.
What is the Cost?
CDA Cornerstones’ tuition is free for lead teachers working in Type III childcare centers through the Louisiana Pathways’ Ancillary Certificate Program Scholarship.
How Long Does it Take?
Educators that enroll in our CDA Cornerstones program, no matter where they are located, can complete the 100% online course content required to obtain their CDA certification within 10 months.
Upon completion of CDA Cornerstones, teachers will have:
- A working knowledge of the principles of child development and learning, and will be able to demonstrate practical application of that knowledge.
- Formed positive teacher-child relationships through responsive and supportive interactions that advance children’s social-emotional development.
- Established and maintained safe, healthy learning environments for young children.
- Used positive guidance techniques and effective classroom management strategies.
- Planned, implemented, and evaluated activities and experiences that utilize varied approaches to learning such as: allowing children to explore interests, engaging children in learning about the world around them, and advancing children’s physical, cognitive, and social-emotional development.
- Implemented methods to successfully observe, assess, and document children’s progress in meeting child development milestones and early learning standards.
- Established and maintained productive partnerships with families and the communities in which they live.
- Identified the criteria of an effective, responsive early childhood program.
- Identified steps critical to maintaining a professional commitment to early childhood education.
- Completed all of the required content hours necessary to apply for their Child Development Associates (CDA) Certificate.
Providing early childhood teachers, especially those working in childcare centers, with continuing education focused on the practical application of knowledge and skills will result in improved teacher effectiveness, increased high-quality early learning experiences for children, and reduced teacher turnover. Our CDA Cornerstones program can improve the quality of childcare centers, provide families with more options for quality care and education, and improve the outcomes for young children.