With our Virtual Literacy Coach (VLC) program, you will have access to our center’s highly knowledgable, trained literacy specialist. This service will include virtual job-embedded professional development live or prerecorded, constructive feedback, specific suggestions and coaching tidbits.
Initial consultation to align your school’s needs with the science of reading
- Identify trends with data dig support
- Assistance with Professional Learning Community meetings, including providing mini virtual trainings
based on your needs
- Access to Deep Dive in Literacy recorded webinars
- Sample recordings of how to model lessons with students
- Resource materials for schools and districts in the VLC program
- Bi-weekly check-ins
- Email access for “quick questions”
- Provide quick question cheat sheet
- Google Drive meeting notes, data, and resources available to the admin team
- Closed Facebook group for collaborative support
- Science of reading ongoing case study using your own students to track growth (optional)
Tailor your educational needs with customized professional learning. Our literacy specialist will build rapport, provide cognitive coaching, and assist in collective collaboration around your school or specific grade level needs.
The VLC program requires a minimum of a 3-month engagement, but we’re confident that the depth of support will keep your teachers coming back for more!
Professional learning communities play a vital role in a school’s success. Effective professional learning communities can improve instruction and student achievement. The virtual literacy coach brings new opportunities to connect, collaborate, learn, and grow with a cost-effective approach. Teachers and school leaders sharing best practices, struggles with teaching and learning, or ideas for improvement can have a significantly positive impact across your school.